The Mega-T trailer, trucking and transport expo takes place on 6 and 7 October 2022 at the Diamantvallei Landgoed showgrounds, 20km east of Pretoria. Hosted by the KragDag organisers and powered by the Road Freight Association (RFA), this expo offers something for everyone: from serious industry business owners and decision-makers, to their colleagues, clients, team members and families.
Wondering if you should attend? Here are just eight reasons why you cannot afford to miss the show:
1) Exhibitions: With over 70 exhibitors offering products and services in trailers, trucking and transport, the event offers an unrivalled opportunity for businesses to learn about and experience the latest solutions and innovations in the industry. Categories on show include trucks, trailers, tracking systems, tyres, security, parts, maintenance, finance, insurance, navigation, fleet management, fuelling systems, media and branding.
2) Demonstrations: Air ambulance and rescue provider Rocket HEMS will be giving a demonstration about their emergency app, ROCKET Connect, which facilitates instant emergency assistance to all members who subscribe. Launched end of 2021, the service is accessed through a smart app panic function, or by calling into their in-house 24-hour call centre, where highly qualified, experienced professionals dispatch the appropriate emergency assistance quickly and effectively.
“We have something different and unique to offer the market and are excited to be showcasing this at Mega-T,” explains Boeta Dippenaar, Group Chief Executive of Henley Air and Rocket HEMS. “Often an air medical helicopter can make the difference between saving a person’s life or not: through our app, we take control of the emergency at hand and provide fast, professional services – whilst remaining patient-centric and caring.”
3) Training: Africa’s biggest driver training centre, Innovative Learning Solutions (ILS), will have a team of their top instructors on site for the duration of the event, giving truck driving demonstrations.
4) Helicopter flips: Show visitors will have the opportunity to enjoy helicopter flips in a JetRanger, courtesy of the Henley Air Group, an aviation group who is dedicated to helicopter charter and flight training excellence in the South African industry. Tickets for this experience cost R250 per person.
5) Witness amazing shows of speed, strength and endurance: Ex Gladiator, celebrity, actor and comedian Garth Collins will be on site on 7 October from 10h00 to 15h00. Together with the SA Strongman Union, Garth will wow the crowds with some jaw-dropping demonstrations.
6) Great entertainment:Renowned rock band Clint & Co will be on stage on Friday 7 October, from 14h00. Their Creedence Clearwater Revival tribute show packs Barnyard theatres countrywide. Known for his big rock voice and his even bigger onstage persona, Clint and his fabulous band are guaranteed to rock your socks off.
7) Big Rigs will be on show. These are not your average commercial trucks. They’re giant, chrome-clad spectacles that make anyone who passes stop and stare!
8) Great food and drink: a wide variety of food and drink will be on sale – which can be enjoyed in the beer garden and elsewhere at the show.
Sponsors of this year’s Mega-T Expo include the RFA, PRBB (beer garden sponsor), Ever Star Industries (expo bag sponsor), Hawk Solar and Construction, Innovative Learning Solutions, and BBD Women in Steel.
Tickets are available online at 50% discount! Children under 18 FREE! The price for adults is R100 at the gate or R50 online. For more information on the show, visit www.mega-t-.co.za