“Awareness of water safety is crucial during the holiday season. ROCKET recommends taking a proactive approach to preventing serious injury, or even death, to a child or loved one, because once a drowning or near drowning occurs, it is often too late.” – message from our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Johann Horn.
Save our number 0860 354 448
There are several steps that can be taken to minimize the risk of potential drowning:
1. Protect your swimming pool with a secure fence and a good quality swimming pool cover that prevents your children from getting into the pool unsupervised.
2. Ensure children of appropriate age always have floatable swimming aids on when poolside.
3. Whenever your children are near a swimming pool, supervise them closely. Encourage them not to run or ride their bicycles nearby as they may fall in and possibly fall unconscious.
4. Teach children to respect and understand water and its dangers from an early age. There are different hazards to be aware of in swimming pools, dams, rivers, and oceans.
5. Accidents occur in the blink of an eye. The moment you get up to “just do something quickly” can be enough for an accident to take place.
6. Ensure that a sufficient number of family members have completed a well-regarded First Aid Course as this could mean the difference between life and death. Early Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is imperative in ensuring a positive outcome for the patient involved.
Save our number (0860 354 448) and call for help as soon as possible!